"He who walks with the wise grows wise,
a companion of fools suffers harm."
-Proverbs 13:20
a companion of fools suffers harm."
-Proverbs 13:20

Yesterday was crazy! I could make a long list of things that went wrong yesterday from financial surprises to a bloody nose that wouldn't stop in a basketball game last night, but I won't. The main thing is I learned something out of yesterday. It is a basic truth we hear all the time, but I actually felt it, lived it yesterday. Although life all around us is crazy and things are happening constantly, God is always constant and consistent. Well, duh, right?! I clung to the scripture of do not worry yesterday and was constantly repeating it in my head. Money issues? Do not worry, you have your daily bread. Got popped in the face by another girl in the game? Do not worry, it will heal up and you have a good story to tell. But I don't know what I would do without those wise people and wise mentors in my life to come alongside me, to stretch and grow me. I want to walk with the wise everyday; take advantage of them being in my life. I want to walk with the wise so I can grow wise!

No comments:
Post a Comment