
Oh boy... There has been a lot going on, but I find myself laughing now more than ever. It really is strange how my family deals with things. We use humor so much, we find ourselves laughing more than crying. We have our moments, don't get me wrong. My dad left for India on Sunday and will be gone for like 3 weeks. My mom and sibs are having a hard time with it even before dad left. During our good-byes they were filled with laughs and smiles and jokes. I left the following morning to come back to school for a meeting. My mom calls during my meeting and tells me as calmly as I have ever heard her talk, "I just want you to know, I'm going to the E.R." WHAT?! She had cut her thumb is a new pair of scissors and it was bad. She called me after her visit to the E.R. to tell me she has to meet with a surgeon because she sliced through her tendon. We laughed the whole time, everytime she calls or I call her. We laugh and make jokes. I wonder if our enemy is like, "What in the world. Everything is going wrong for them and they are joyous!? This isn't right!" I think some would say, well, you are using humor to not deal with things. I would say not true. I look at something and I act wisely or I try to, but in the end, is it worth stressing over. It's just another thing and soon there will be something else. It is better just to focus on the many blessings we have that always out weigh the bad things. My mom still has her thumb and she is currently giving everyone a thumbs up. Just amazing the unending joy and peace that comes from the Lord.

praying for yer mama!!!! you guys are great, smileyfaces, giggles, and all.....what a fam....and that's why i love you sooo much!
ReplyDelete